CAREERS AT JONES
GROW WITH US
At Jones Power, people are at the heart of our business. We’re looking for exceptional individuals who are motivated to work in an environment that celebrates passion and initiative. We live by our core values, which energize our people, our partnerships, and our commitment to safety and integrity.
Jones Power is looking to add to its Business Development organization by hiring an experienced salesperson. The Business Development position is responsible for the lead generation and new business acquisition specific to the renewable energy sector. This role also supports all stages of project development from early inception or acquisition through handover to the operations teams.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop goals and strategies for executing plans for business and revenue growth.
- Present, promote, and sell services to existing and prospective customers.
- Establish, develop, and maintain positive business and customer relationships.
- Participate in the assessment of regulatory, technical, and budgeting aspects of potential projects.
- Keep an updated list of customers in the company’s CRM platform.
- Analyze the territory/market’s potential, and track sales, and status reports.
- Manage project handover process with the Operations team, and support teams during project progress.
- Supply management with reports on customers’ needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products or services.
- Work with management and other departments to create and implement KPIs for the sales department.
- Bachelor’s Degree/ BSBA preferred.
- At least 2-3 years of business development and/or renewable energy industry experience.
- Familiarity with CRM practices along with the ability to build productive business professional relationships
- An understanding of civil construction is a plus.
- Proficient written and oral communication skills.
- Works both independently and in a collaborative team-oriented environment.
- Highly motivated and target-driven, with excellent selling, communication, and negotiation skills
- Time management skills, attentive to detail, creative, and resourceful.
- Jones Core Values (Integrity, Passion, Unity, Sustainability, and Humility)
Location: Houston, TX (Remote eligible)
This position requires travel 50% of the time.
A family-first company, we care about our employees and everyone involved in each project. In order to maintain our customers’ and employees’ well-being, we’ve implemented a set of safety requirements embedded within the protocol of each project with the goal of zero incidents.
The Civil Superintendent will be responsible for the field planning and management process of the pile driving and mechanical-related aspects of Solar Field construction projects. The scope of work generally includes analysis of IFC drawings, QA/QC implementation, layout and staging, pile driving, inbound scheduling and receiving of material, and racking/module installation.
This position will require full-time travel throughout the United States.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordination of work directed in the field and ensuring work is performed in accordance with plans and specifications.
- Manage a team of workers, including work schedules, project progress, and resource allocation.
- Establish and enforce job site quality control programs to ensure quality completion of construction.
- Preside over weekly meetings designed to coordinate the work.
- Maintain a daily log for the job site’s operations, reporting to management as necessary.
- Collaborate with clients, Project Managers, and other construction management to determine budget and timeline.
- Understanding of pile driving equipment, including safe operating practices and signs of maintenance issues.
- Identify conflicts in construction progress and communicate them to the project team for resolution.
- Coordinate assigned work with work of site-assigned crews or subcontractors.
- Identify subcontractor non-compliance with safety, health, and environmental quality standards.
- Ensure that the job site is always kept in a clean and organized manner.
- Bonus pay program (Project Profitability)
- Eligibility for 401k and Medical Benefit packages
Mid-Stream CDL Truck Driver
Department: Operations Job Status: Full Time
FLSA Status: Exempt Reports to Director of Operations
Amount of Travel Required: 100% (Lower 48 U.S.) Work Schedule: 60+ hours a week
Positions Supervised: None
We are seeking a dependable and efficient CDL truck driver who possesses a great deal of physical and mental stamina able to withstand long hours on the road. Must be organized, detailed oriented, and comfortable working independently. A clean driving record and commercial driving experience are a must.
CDL Class A Driver is responsible for and will be held accountable for the safe operations of a tractor/stringing trailer combination over the road and on the pipeline right-away.
Drivers will operate a typical tractor suitable for pulling heavy loads of pipe. The tractor pulls a specialized trailer constructed to pull long loads of pipe up to 80 feet long. The stringer trailer is steerable and uses a cable system built to rotate the rear axles of the trailer so that the trailer follows the tractor. This simple mechanism allows the long loads to track the tractor and enables the unit to make sharper turns on the highway without impeding traffic and on the construction right away. Although the tractor operates as any commercial motor vehicle the driver needs to develop special skills in maneuvering the trailer.
Responsible for adherence to OSHA, EPA, and DOT compliance.
- Fully understand how to operate and safely drive your assigned vehicle
- Drive vehicles with a Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW) over 26,000 lbs.
- Pick-up and safely transport 80”, 8”- 42” OD pipe to its intended destination
- Ensure loads are properly secured to prevent damage/injury
- Obtain signatures to confirm and complete deliveries
- Assist in mapping driving routes
- Stay on a predetermined route and ensure timely transport and delivery
- Communicate with truck pusher as needed
- Perform inspections of your vehicle prior to and following each trip
- Check weather conditions and road reports before departure
- Always ensure your vehicle is kept clean
- Maintain and service vehicle as needed (refuel, change oil, tire pressure, repairs, etc.)
- Utilize electronic logging devices ( ELD )
- Track and report working hours
- Adhere to company rules and regulations
- Obey all applicable traffic laws and drive according to the weather/road conditions
- Comply with ICC and DOT regulations
- Always make safety a priority
Education / Experience
- High school diploma or GED equivalent preferred
- Valid commercial driver’s license (CDL) class A required
- 2+ years of proven experience in commercial truck driving preferred
- Experience in pulling stringing trailers
- Clean driving record with no moving violations
- Must pass a background check and drug test
- Skilled at driving and parking large, heavy vehicles
- Alert, focused, and detail-oriented
- Physically and mentally fit (Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. at a time)
- Possess great physical stamina and focus during long driving shifts
- Comfortable with project-based work schedule
- Proficient in reading maps, utilizing GPS routing systems, innate sense of direction
- Self-starter who works well independently
- Disciplined, dependable, and resourceful
- High level of composure and good stress management
Skills / Knowledge
- Willingness to work in a team environment
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home for long periods when required.
- Minimum 2-5 + years of verifiable experience, and thorough knowledge of the pipeline industry
- Able to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in uncomfortable situations.
- Compliance with all DOT, OSHA, and FMCSA regulations.
- Obtain an FMCSA Medical Examiners Certificate
- Other duties as assigned
Interested applicants can contact Rebecca Mobley, Director of HSE/DOT Compliance, at Rebecca.Mobley@jonespower.com
The mission of the Jones Power finance team is to become “Trusted Business Partners” within each business unit. This is accomplished by informing, supporting, and challenging our colleagues. The AP/Billing Clerk’s function is critical to this mission and to the financial and administrative operations of the business. Critical to the position is ensuring integrity, accuracy, and timeliness of billing.
The AP/Billing Clerk compiles data, computes fees and charges, and prepares invoices for billing purposes. Duties include computing costs and calculating rates for goods, services, and shipments of goods, posting data, and keeping other relevant records. May involve the use of a computer or typewriter, calculator, and adding machine.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Creates billing documents, shipping labels, credit memorandums, and credit forms.
- Verifies the accuracy of billing data and revises any errors.
- Keeps records of invoices and supporting documents.
- Data entry related to accounts payable; pull AP files when needed by Accountants.
- Prepares itemized statements, bills, or invoices; records amounts due for items purchased or services rendered.
- Contact customers to obtain or relay account information.
- Reconcile simple general ledger accounts.
- Reconciles intercompany accounts, and bills intercompany balances.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Complete special projects as assigned.
- Associates Degree with 3+ years of related bookkeeping experience
- Proven ability to process invoices and settlements
- Construction knowledge preferred.
- Enthusiasm for being part of a team and working in a team-oriented environment.
- Self-motivated and forward-thinking.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
The position is based at the Jones Power office in Hattiesburg, MS.